Soma Massage Therapy is committed to Denton and we want to give back every day — because we know that a healthy and strong community is vital to the health and strength of our clients too!
Each month we are partnering with a different local agency to make sure that their needs are met, so that they can meet the needs of others. Bring an item on their “wish list” to your next appointment and not only will you be lending a helping hand, but you’ll also get a $5 discount on your massage!
This month’s Massage-for-a-Cause partner:
Fred Moore Day Nursery School is a non profit preschool that was founded in 1954 with one volunteer and 10 children, and has continued to grow year after year to meet a much-needed demand for quality, affordable childcare. They are the only sliding-scale preschool in Denton that accepts children as young as 6 weeks old. FMDNS is a United Way partner and is funded by the City of Denton, and relies heavily on business and private donations to fund their programs.
FMDNS is assembling “emergency packs” — so in the event of a Fire Drill or emergency evacuation, they will still have all the supplies necessary to ensure that their students are safe and well cared for.
- Batteries (new, unused, and in any size)
- First aid kit supplies — 2 or more of any of the following items: band aids (assorted sizes), alcohol pads, gauze, medical tape, anti bacterial cream, ace bandage, ice pack, cotton balls, tweezers
- Kleenex (small travel size) — bring several of these, please
- Diapers or Pull-Ups (any size) — 1 or more packages
- Non Perishable snacks that are easy to open and appropriate for kids — 3 or more
- Infant/toddler lightweight toys and small books — 1 or more.
- Small notepads (2 or more)
- Pens (1 package or more)
Thank you for your helping hands!
Do you know of a local agency that could use a “helping hand” from Soma Massage Therapy? Please put us in touch so we can support the good work they’re doing in our community! Contact Amber at email@example.com
Plan ahead for your massage next month! Click here to read about next month’s Massage-for-a-Cause partner and how you can support their work in our community!
Read about our previous partners and our impact on the community here