I’ll be honest. I'm a massage therapist by heart, and a business owner by accident.
I graduated massage school in 2004, moved around the world, and finally settled in Denton, TX in 2009. Within a short time, I had more massage clients than my hands could handle in a day, and I was regularly booked for weeks, if not months, in advance.
The massage therapist in me would refer those clients in need to other places in town when I was booked up, just so that they could actually get some relief, even if it wasn’t with me.
But the emerging business woman in me realized that I’d have better luck if I could refer them “in house”. And an idea, and eventually a business, was born.
I got a website, filed for an LLC, and applied for a massage establishment license. I partnered with a therapist whose work was similar enough to my own so that even on my busiest days, my clients had a smooth transition between my hands and hers.
And then when she got booked up, I had to find another therapist. And another. And another one after that.
We moved the office out of my house and into our current space in November 2013. And less than 3 months later, we won the prestigious Best of Denton award! We’ve continued to win that top honor every year since because Soma is not run by a corporation concerned only about the bottom line, but by a massage therapist who knows that people come first.
I only work with massage therapists that *I* would want to get a massage from myself. I don’t micromanage this team, but want to allow them the space to do what they do well, which is provide you with an amazing massage, every single time. I am generous with my therapists, compassionate with my clients, and very proud of this little business that I’ve built.
We are inclusive, supportive, and welcoming to all who enter our doors. Regardless of your religion, race, ability, sexual orientation, or gender identity, you are safe here.
We’d love to meet you here at Soma. We stand out because we are different from the rest. We’re not corporate. We’re local, and we’re darn proud of it too. Come see for yourself and let us show you why we’ve been voted Best of Denton every year since we opened!
What Styles Do We Offer?
Massage for a Cause
Soma Massage Therapy's "helping hands" are giving back to North Texas every day! Discover how you can get involved too, or request a donated gift card for your next fundraiser.
Hey We're Hiring!
Are you a licensed massage therapist in the state of Texas? Then come join our award-winning team!
We're in the News
- New Year, New Hope: Small Businesses Look Ahead to 2021
- Voices of Covid-19: Massage Therapists Share Stories of Challenge and Hope
- Soma Massage Therapy voted Best of Denton for the 7th year
- TWU Launches $1M Grant Program to Help Women-Owned Small Businesses Struggling Due to Coronavirus
- My clients never wonder how much to tip -- because it's always $0 (op-ed in MASSAGE Magazine)
- LGBTQ people need massage too: 4 ways to welcome a diverse clientele (op-ed in MASSAGE Magazine)
- Massage therapy business donates $2500 to museum
- Dozens of Denton businesses to donate proceeds Thursday to Harvey relief
- Soma Massage now at Spinal Decompression Center
- Denton business owners speaking out against bathroom bill
- Donation program introduced at Soma
- Get in Touch
- Soma: An Oasis in the Heart of Denton
- Little Free Pantry aims to end hunger in Denton
- 2017 Best of Denton
- 2014 Best of Denton: Healthy Living
- 2015 Best of Denton: Beauty
- 2016 Best of Denton: Beauty
- Karina Ramírez: Massage therapy can lead to better health
- All in the technique
- Personal Profile: Amber Briggle